- Romane hypnosis programs have been presented throughout North America, from Hawaii to Newfoundland.
- Romane books and recordings have been distributed to 37 different countries.
- The Romane Stop Smoking Seminar has been held in almost every English speaking city and town in Canada with over 600 people.
- The Romane Stop Smoking Seminar has helped more people in Canada to stop smoking than any other seminar.
- Romane Hypnosis Programs have been presented to as many as 10,000 people in a single night.
- The first professional (paid) Romane hypnosis presentation was 53 years ago
- Romane Seminars likely presented the world’s largest stop smoking seminar. Approximately 1500 people attended the Romane Stop Smoking Seminar at the Centennial Concert Hall in Winnipeg.
- Unlike many other hypnosis seminars, the Romane Stop Smoking Seminar gives non-hypnosis stop smoking methods in addition to hypnosis. This is based upon “The Multiple Method Approach”, the most successful and the most recommended method by the U.S. Surgeon General following a study of over 700 stop smoking methods.
- Romane Seminars has helped hundreds of thousands of people to stop smoking including 3, 4, and 5 pack a day smokers.
- People have lost up to 200 pounds after attending a 2 1/2 hour seminar.
- Over 100 different hypnosis recordings have been created to help people to achieve better health, success and happiness.
- Up to 80% of audiences at a live seminar raise their hands to show that they know someone who has successfully stopped smoking with the Romane Seminar! See Video Proof Here: http://www.vanceromane.com/video-gallery/
- The Romane Stop Smoking System is NATURAL – no nicotine systems.
- Romane Seminars also helps to achieve maximum health, to be more relaxed and calm and even to control weight. Many attendees say they have a whole new lifestyle.
- The seminar fee is only the cost of a few packages of cigarettes, and you save not only your health, but thousands of dollars year after year.
- Romane Seminars are riveting, relaxing, friendly, sincere, inspiring, motivating, amusing, and deliver proven results. There are over 100 testimonials at vanceromane.com and more at www.romane.ca
- Romane Seminars harness the power of your subconscious mind, not conscious mind will power.
- The Romane System works regardless if you do or do not believe in hypnosis.
- Unlike most hypnosis seminars, Romane Seminars takes time to condition everyone for hypnosis before the main hypnosis session begins.
- Many people who stop smoking with Romane Seminars say: “I have tried everything, but nothing worked until I saw Romane”.
- The #1 reason why people go back to smoking is stress. Romane Seminars gives 35 methods to manage stress. No stone is left unturned.
- Many physicians and psychologists have recommended Romane Seminars to their patients.
- Romane Seminars are not a boring lecture or entertainment, but they are fun to attend and they have audience participation.
- Informative and educational Romane hypnosis presentations have been given in hundreds of schools and universities.
- At Romane Seminars, people have been hypnotized so rapidly that it may seem beyond belief.
- The Romane Seminar was the first hypnosis seminar to bring Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis for weight loss to Canada.
- Romane Seminars have been featured in hundreds of newspapers and magazines.
- Romane Seminars have been featured on hundreds of radio and television shows.
- During the busiest touring year, Romane presentations appeared in as many as 29 different cities in a single month.
- Romane Seminars have had sold out public seminars with up to 1000 people turned away.
- Romane presentations have been “Held Over” in cities throughout North America.
- #1 Stop Smoking Hypnosis Seminar in Canada
Romane first became interested in helping people to stop smoking in 1964, the year that his father had part of his lip surgically removed due to pre-cancer from cigarette smoking. Romane is a certified Master Hypnotherapist and a graduate of The University of Manitoba, honoring in Psychology with a B.A.(Honors) degree. To complete his degree, he conducted a group stop smoking hypnosis seminar followed by a research paper on the project. In 1971, he worked as a psychological technician at The Psychiatric Institute in Winnipeg teaching stress reduction to patients and conducting psychological testing. He is a member of the National Guild of Hypnotherapists and has been a presenter at the National Guild of Hypnotherapists Convention. He is the author of two best-selling books: The Wellness Journey (A complete self-hypnosis training manual) and Fit and Firm Forever (How to lose weight with the power of your mind). He has written articles that have been published in Hypnosis Journals. Romane has invested thousands of hours and thousands of dollars researching over 1000 stop smoking programs. He also surveys many of his own clients to find out what really works. Romane is now semi-retired, but his love of helping people continues to bring him to many cities and smaller communities.
How to Maximize Your Mind Power (Part 1 of 3)
Hypnotherapy is beneficial for a wide range of issues encountered in general medicine, ophthalmology, dermatology, pediatrics, anesthesiology, obstetrics and gynecology, dentistry, psychology and psychiatry. The American Psychology Association (APA) website has stated that most clinicians now agree hypnotherapy can be a powerful and effective therapeutic technique for a wide variety of conditions.
Some of the areas of application are insomnia, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis, anorexia nervosa, frigidity, epilepsy, allergy, drug abuse, tics, headaches and migraines, asthma, a variety of skin maladies (skin is a mirror of emotions), weight reduction, sports, stress, anxiety, pain control, psychosomatic illnesses and hundreds of other areas.
For the balance of this manuscript, the term unconscious and subconscious will have the same meaning. The subconscious/unconscious mind is responsible for up to 90 to 95 percent of our thoughts and actions. Hypnosis is a heightened focus of attention allowing access to the unconscious mind with increased suggestibility.
Hypnosis can provide lasting change by replacing negative thoughts with positive empowering thoughts. Hypnosis is a natural occurring state where the unconscious mind can readily accept and act on new instructions for change, health, self-improvement and success.
In a comparison survey of psychotherapy literature on the recovery rates of different therapeutic interventions (as published in American Health Magazine), it was noted that psychoanalysis had a 38% recovery after 600 sessions; behavior therapy had a recovery rate of 72% after 22 sessions, while hypnotherapy showed a 93% recovery rate after just 6 sessions. This indicates some psychological issues benefit more from hypnotherapy than psychoanalysis or behavior therapy. A German university meta-analysis of 444 studies supported this claim.
For a better understanding of how hypnosis works, read my testimonials page on my website where 100 people write about their experience and benefits using my seminars and/or hypnosis recordings. Today, hypnotherapy is rapidly advancing world-wide as a respected form of therapy in an unlimited number of areas. Whatever you do, you will do it better with hypnosis. The more you learn about hypnosis, the better you will use it.
When you see a hypnotist and he introduces experiences to you such as sticking your hands together, “gluing” your eyelids together, to imagine a balloon pulling your arm up, that your arm is stiff and cannot bend, etc., this is to test for your openness in using your imagination, to focus on his voice and to participate with your mind and his mind working together. It tests your ability to follow instructions, to cooperate, to imagine and to concentrate.
You can also do these types of experiences when practicing self-hypnosis. Success with the experiences increases your confidence that you are using hypnosis effectively, so you stop analyzing and self-questioning: “Is it working, I hope it’s working, it has to work.” Such experiences also help you to enhance your imagination, increase your ability in the retrieval of sensory memories, and improve your concentration abilities. All these skills are useful to maximize your benefits from hypnosis, whether self-hypnosis or hetero-hypnosis (hypnotized by another).
You can also deepen your hypnosis. For example, “as my arm rises, my body relaxes more…I feel more calm”; “As my arm rises, I feel satisfied, full, with small portions of food”; “As my arm rises, I feel more comfort (not I have less pain)”. Instruct yourself what you do want, not what you do not want. For example, when an arm rises in the air as you vividly imagine (what you see, hear, smell, taste, feel in detail) the balloon pulling it, it feels like there is another self or another mind pulling the balloon automatically. That other mind is your unconscious mind. The more details you imagine, the better. For example, if someone imagines the balloon a certain color, it is more real, and the arm will lift faster, automatically. You want to get lost in your imaginary dream.
With hypnosis, you can learn how to control your body and mind more than you ever thought possible. You can improve your daily life and feel more relaxed. This is good because most of life’s problems are caused by stress.
If you vividly imagine holding ice (and remember the sensory feelings of ice, the numbness) in one hand, your hand getting very cold and imagine the other hand is in hot water, you can make the one hand smaller, and the other slightly larger. Blood vessels shrink in the one hand and dilate in the other. If you vividly imagine walking up a steep hill, you can raise your pulse rate. If you imagine running up the hill, you can increase your pulse rate 20 points.
A German philosopher, Arthur Schopenhauer once said: “All truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed; next it is violently opposed; third it is accepted as being self-evident.”
When people do not understand something, they often fail to investigate further. In fact, often they fear the unknown so much that they would never dare to investigate further. Hypnosis is used globally as a tool by thousands of physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, dentists, ministers, counsellors, social workers, etc. because it is a useful tool. More professionals are using hypnosis every day for faster healing and for overcoming problems in people’s lives, often in areas where nothing else worked.
Heart operations have taken place under hypnosis, with no anesthetic whatsoever. A surgeon in Ireland, Dr. Jack Gibson performed over 4000 major and minor surgeries with hypnosis as the sole anesthetic. Athletes all over the world use hypnosis and self-hypnosis to achieve maximum performance. Whatever you do, you will do it better with hypnosis and/or self-hypnosis. Hypnosis has proven useful with adults and children. Here are some interesting reports from clients I have helped with hypnosis:
- A client told me she was addicted to drinking several family size Cokes every single day. I hypnotized her and told her that when she looked at a Coke bottle she would see various disgusting things floating inside the bottle, that she had chosen. It could be cockroaches, worms, spit, hair, urine, feces, rats, snakes, etc. We constructed the hypnotic visual image to include drinking the Coke with this concoction of disgusting things, including the taste, the feel, and the smell for a stronger emotional imagery. We added her imagining drinking this mixture and her feeling nauseous, vomiting, and her friends running away disgusted. When she returned for a second reinforcement session a week later, she reported no longer drinking any Coke whatsoever.
- A client came into my office with a note from his psychiatrist which simply said: “Please relax this patient.” After handing me the note, the client leaped into my large, soft, plush armchair and shouted: “Hurry up and relax me.” By using hypnosis and teaching him to practice progressive stress reduction techniques, he was able to enjoy life more, and the little things of life that used to upset him no longer troubled him.
- Another client told me that he would feel furious when he was in a traffic jam. He would take his glasses off, hold them in his hand and squeeze them in anger. That angry adrenalin rush was affecting his happiness, and his health. I hypnotized him to be more relaxed by simply thinking the words “calm and relaxed”, and taught him self-hypnosis. This became an instant trigger for him to calm down.
- I have had clients who led such stressful lives (an accountant at tax deadline time, a taxi driver, and others) that they smoked 4-5 packages of cigarettes a day, yes a day, yet they stopped smoking with hypnosis.
- Self-hypnosis, hypnotizing yourself in the daytime, or before sleep is a valuable tool. I have taught self-hypnosis to people for use in pain control, sports, and especially overeating, or wherever people needed to reinforce hypnosis for a period of time.
- For many more interesting reports direct from clients who enjoyed the benefits of my hypnosis sessions, see these two links:
As you go to sleep tonight, think about all the things for which you are grateful. You’ll have a much better sleep.
Women approaching or in menopause can now get rid of hot flashes associated with menopause by using hypnosis. This new and proven method has saved many women a lot of pain and discomfort caused by the symptoms of menopause.
I now offer a hypnosis recording for women experiencing menopause symptoms, including hot flashes and other associated symptoms. The hypnosis session is on a CD audio recording, or an easily downloadable mp3 file.
Hypnosis can be used to reduce hot flashes by up to 80% according to recent research carried out by Baylor University’s Mind-Body Medicine Research Laboratory. Women who use hypnotherapy may overcome menopause symptoms, especially in cases where hot flashes are dominant. Many experience a better quality life by using hypnosis because hypnosis may also relieve anxiety, sadness and stress as well.
Hot flashes is one of the most common symptoms of menopause. Over two thirds of women in North America experience hot flashes during perimenopause (pre-menopause) and menopause according to WebMD.
The best thing about using hypnosis to cool hot flashes is that this method is natural, easy to use and safe. Other solutions for hot flashes include hormone replacement, antidepressant paroxetine, anti-seizure medication like gabapentin and clonidine, and blood-pressure medication. These may be effective, but they all have noticeable, and even serious side effects and risks such as stroke, dementia and breast cancer. Hypnosis, being a non-drug solution, is safe for all women. Tests show that using hypnosis methods, similar to my recording ‘Cool Those Hot Flashes’ hypnotic session for menopause, reduces hot flashes by up to 47% within three weeks and 61% at six weeks.
Have you ever noticed that you start to feel better when you are on your way to your doctor’s office? This is very common. Many people feel better as soon as they take medication, even though there has not been enough time for the medication to take effect. Experiments have been done where someone was told by several co-workers that they do not look well. The person subjected to the negative programming would often begin to feel ill, checking themselves in the mirror several times to see how they look.
An event may happen that can trigger anger or embarrassment in one person, but the same event may not have any effect on another person. Hypnosis allows us to control our thoughts, feelings, and behavior. The body and mind are one. What affects the mind also affects the body and what affects the body affects the mind.
It is just as important to train and condition our mind as well as our body. We need to learn to control the power of our subconscious mind with hypnosis in order to control our thoughts, feelings and behavior. Learning this self-control brings maximum health, happiness and success.
In hypnosis, your mind has maximum concentration on positive and life-changing instructions. With hypnotic meditation, the mind may be changed to enjoy higher self-confidence, self-esteem, love of self, self-discipline and peace of mind.
For a happy and successful life, we need to ensure that we have good air, good water, and healthy food. We need a good sleep, love, exercise, sunshine, goals, laughter and play, friends (at least one best friend), satisfying work, appreciation of art, music and humor. We also need a philosophy of life and positive thinking that supports and sustains us through tough times. You can ask yourself if any of these areas need help and you can make a plan to create a better brand new life. You will feel empowered, in control of your life.
I encourage you to use hypnosis daily, and if you have children, to teach them how to use the power of their own mind. Mind power methods can be mastered easily by using my hypnosis books, recordings and self-hypnosis. Another huge benefit of daily hypnosis and self-hypnosis is a reduction of tension and stress. This alone results in many mental and physical problems vanishing spontaneously.
It is important to understand that you will not be in an ordinary sleep. You will not be unconscious. Instead, you are super aware. Your attention is powerfully focused upon Romane’s voice. Do not try hard to be hypnotized. Instead treat the experience as play. Do not care if you are hypnotized, for you probably won’t know anyway, unless you have been hypnotized several times.
Do not waste your mental energy and concentration thinking over and over: “Is it working. I hope it is working. When will it work? This is my last resort. It better work.” Such fear of failure divides concentration. You attract what you think about. The best attitude is “who cares if I am hypnotized. I am just going to follow the instructions and enjoy the experience. This will work great!” Simply assume you are hypnotized.
Hypnosis is a normal, natural state similar to being totally focused on a good book, or a good movie in a theatre. Imagine that there is an empty box in the top of your head, and Romane is going to fill that box with over 100 very positive hypnotic instructions to create the belief in your mind that you are already a non smoker, relaxed without tobacco.
When your eyes are closed, your attention is more focused upon Romane’s voice. Some people like to put something over their eyes, such as a blindfold or eye shades. If using hypnotic recordings, headphones will again further focus your attention. Also, chewing gum is a distraction. Having a comfortable bed, chair or couch helps. Loosen tight clothing.
As you hear Romane’s voice, imagine that your mind is a vacuum cleaner sucking up every hypnotic instruction; a tunnel between your mind and Romane’s words filling up the box in the top of your head.
You can increase the power of the hypnotic instructions by turning off your analyzing, turning off your critical thinking mind, and accepting everything that is being told to you while your attention is focused upon his voice. Forget about other people in the audience. Think of the session as between you and Romane alone.
You can further increase the emotional voltage of the hypnotic instructions by imagining what Romane is saying in detail. Imagine what you see, hear, smell, taste, and feel on your skin, and in your mind. Imagine you are an actor or actress in Hollywood. For example, if you are imagining yourself in situations as a non smoker, you can add color, make it vivid, bright, sharp, add details, bring it in close to you, give it movement, see it from the right, left, front, back, make it 3D. Add imaginary sounds such as compliments of others, make them clear, constant and loud such as cheering. Make it stereo.
In short, the key is to focus your attention in an uncritical, open, accepting way. Imagine what is being said to you as if it is already true, for we become what we think the most about. Many people say over and over to themselves: “I can’t quit smoking”. In this case, the person needs to be DEHYPNOTIZED, or UNHYPNOTIZED. They have already hypnotized themselves by repetition of the self-suggestion.
If your life is a mess, your mind is mess. You need to change your mind, your mouth, your thoughts and your words.
You can also mentally repeat hypnotic instructions as Romane says them to you, while imagining as if they are true already.
Repetition of hypnotic instructions makes them stronger. If using hypnosis recordings, you should have one session, once a day, until you are absolutely confident you will never smoke again. With some people hypnosis has fast results, and with others (especially those who have excessive life stress), permanent success may require more repetitions of the hypnotic instructions. Persistence is the key to all success.
First let me explain the difference between the CDs and the DVDs.
The DVDs are a recording of a live seminar. Some people like to feel they are attending a live seminar and prefer to be able to “see” the hypnotist. There are two hypnosis sessions: a hypnosis conditioning session and a hypnosis session to stop smoking permanently. During the hypnosis, a spinning spiral will come on your TV or computer screen. Simply watch the spinning spiral until you feel like closing your eyes and then just listen to the rest of the hypnosis session. Most people find that the spinning spiral helps them to go into hypnosis faster and deeper.
The CDs have been recorded in a studio and are crystal clear with no background noise, such as coughing, etc. There are more hypnosis sessions on the CDs than there are on the DVDs. Some are longer sessions and some are shorter sessions, for variety. You have the option to choose between a short or long session. Also, the four hypnosis sessions are all different, in order to meet the needs of different types of people.
Are CDs or DVDs more effective? The choice is a personal choice. You should choose whichever format you are most likely to use more frequently. Think about where you would be using the recordings and what machine you have available.
Whichever set you decide to use, I recommend that you play them all through once, then pick your favorite hypnosis session and play it once a day, preferably just before sleep, for about 15 days. Then you can taper off and only use the recordings if you feel you need them.
What if you slip and go back to smoking? This is unlikely if you follow the instructions on the recordings. The instructions are so simple that a child could follow them. However, if you do go back to smoking, all you have to do is start playing the recordings again. Please feel free to contact us if you need support or have any questions.