Monthly Archives: December 2015
Top resolutions by people include a desire to lose weight, stop smoking, exercise more, improve health and looks, improve relationships, and to make or save more money. Here are 10 helpful instructions to reach any goal:
- Create a written plan with a specific, measureable, realistic goal. If more exercise is the goal, be gradual in increasing intensity and duration of exercise. Being over ambitious leads to disappointment, or even injury. Make the goal simple, such as resolving to lose 10 pounds (just ‘lose weight’ is too vague); to eliminate soft drinks, candy and chocolate; to walk Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Have your deodorant only available at the gym? To control spending, cut up credit cards and have monthly automated savings? Improve a relationship by setting aside specific times to be with a loved one?
- Be accountable by making a verbal commitment to a few people.
- Enlist support from a family member, friend, mentor, professional, a class, a good book or self-help recording.
- Be positive, and think “I know I can do this.” Have an intense focused mind set on what you should do, not what you should not do. For example, instead of thinking of not smoking, focus on deep breathing, or drinking more water.
- Consider setbacks as learning experiences and do better next time.
- Talk to people who have done what you want to do and model them.
- Realize you have a choice, and going in the right direction reinforces your will power.
- Reward yourself for small steps to success with perhaps a movie, a small gift, a new outfit, a visit to a friend, etc.
- Several times a day, read a card with motivational reasons and benefits to stick to your plan: Have one on your mirror, and carry one in your wallet to read when waiting somewhere. Reading this just before you fall asleep strongly influences your subconscious mind.
- Keep a Daily Progress Journal to evaluate and improve your plan for success. People wanting to lose weight often say “I blew my program” when they did well on 20 meals out of 21 during the week. That’s over 95% success!
Many success coaches instruct others to start with easier goals to feel a sense of accomplishment. This gives confidence to achieve bigger goals. Sometimes it is best to focus all your mental energy on one major goal at a time, focusing on small steps. One brick at a time creates a building. Patience and calm persistence leads to success. Plan how you will deal with any obstacles that may arise.
The key to my motivating methods is the use of hypnosis with people to intensely focus their mental powers on what they want; to boost their belief in themselves; to increase their self-love so they are totally dedicated to success; to instill positive self-talk, and to program mental success images into their subconscious mind so they imagine and feel that they have already succeeded.
“Men are not prisoners of fate, only prisoners of their own minds.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Tips on How to Control Your Weight
- There are only two ways to lose weight: fewer calories / more exercise.
- Begin your day with exercise before breakfast and burn up the most calories with the least effort.
- Eat a hearty breakfast of varied foods. It will give you energy for the day and you can burn it off throughout the day.
- Eat from a varied selection of food at lunch and dinner and feel full with less food.
- Regularly review a card with your personal reasons to be trim, slim.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily, unless you have a medical problem preventing this as part of your program.
- Review this program frequently for new ideas and reinforcement.
- Be very careful what you think about. You will probably get it.
- Learn what foods are high, medium and low calorie. Eat mostly low and medium calorie foods. For a balanced nutritious food management program, include variety, especially fruits and vegetables.
- There are 3,500 calories to the pound. Examples: 1 donut daily for a year adds 16 pounds of fat; a small piece of apple pie with no ice-cream daily for a year adds 43 pounds of fat. Little things do count. Develop a dislike for greasy, oily, fatty and sweet foods.
- Be careful how you cook foods, avoiding grease, high calorie oils.
- Taste a little and know what the rest tastes like.
- Enjoy the natural taste of potatoes, bread, vegetables, salads, etc. without butter, gravy, sour cream, salad dressings, oils, etc. You will get used to the new taste.
- Decide ahead! “I’ll be more relaxed; full with less; in control.”
- “Your life is a direct mirror of the thoughts and experiences stored in your subconscious. Be careful. Control the door to your subconscious and conscious mind.”
- Dissolve false and phantom mental barriers to weight loss.
- Be ready for positive ripples – changes in your eating habits will bring positive changes to many other areas in your life.
- Hunger may be interpreted as a good sign, the fat saying “good-bye”.
- Hunger may only be thirst, drink water first.
- If you lose only 1 pound a week, that’s over 50 pounds in a year. Be patient.
- To control the urge to eat, have carrots, cauliflower, celery, etc. cut in fridge and ready to eat; do deep breathing, and moderate exercises such as walking, swimming, etc.
- Alcohol has no nutritive value, but high calorie content.
- Nobody forces food into your mouth. You have control.
- Think thin, trim, slim, lean, fit, firm, slender, shapely, great body.
- Omit adding sugar, salt, butter, syrup, jam, sour cream, gravy, salad dressings, chocolate bars, potato chips, french fries, chicken skins, soft drinks. If you taste a little, know what the rest tastes like and stop right there. If you have children, teach them good eating habits. You want them to have easy access to jobs, dates, clothes, good health.
- Leave some food on the plate and lose weight. Occasional miseating is OK.
- It is a sign of self-respect to treat your body and your mind well.
- Eat to live. Do not live to eat. Develop other interests – no need to fight it.
- Willpower strengthens with use. Set your weight goal. Be victorious! Hypnosis changes attitudes!
- To control weight, use my NEW hypnotic weight loss recordings, and read “Fit And Firm Forever”. The CDs and book are available here: http://www.vanceromane.com/products.html
Stress, tension, fear, worry, and anxiety increase your chances of illness. 70% to 90% of all illnesses seen by physicians are either caused by stress, or made worse by stress. Which of these stressful events have you experienced in the past year? (Check the ones that apply)
Millions of people become seriously ill, need medications, or even surgery because of illnesses which could have been healed years earlier, if they had used stress management techniques.
WHICH OF THESE REACTIONS TO STRESS HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED?
STRESS CONTROL IS THE KEY
It is a lot easier to say “no” when you are relaxed. To become more conscious and aware of the powerful effects of your self-relaxation sessions, just do a before and after relaxation rating test. Zero can be total relaxation and ten can be extreme tension. Rate yourself before and after your hypnosis session, and notice the benefits. Learn to be relaxed alone, or with others.
I can help you to control your own stress with my Stress Control four CD set. A related stress management CD is the Overcome Panic and Anxiety CD. You can order any of my recordings, books and health items by calling 1-800-665-4656, or you can save the shipping charges by ordering online here.